Dual Diagnosis Treatment Center California
Dual Diagnosis Treatment
At Alo House Recovery Center, we have created the highest quality dual diagnosis rehab program possible by blending the most successful aspects of mental health care and substance use disorder treatment.
Our treatment team of licensed Doctorate and Masters level clinicians are uniquely qualified to treat co-occurring mental health disorders and addiction.
Substance use and dependence is often driven by an underlying psychiatric disorder, yet, dual diagnosis rehab treatment is a relatively new innovation in the field of addiction recovery.
What is Dual Diagnosis?
According to the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), a “dual diagnosis” is term for a person who experiences a mental illness and a substance use disorder at the the same time.
It is sometimes called a “co-occurring disorder” because both the addiction and mental health issue occur together.
Today we know that for those diagnosed with a dual diagnosis or co-occurring disorder, it’s imperative to treat both issues simultaneously for recovery to be successful. This wasn’t always the case.
Start Recovery Today
Until the early 1990s, individuals who were experiencing symptoms of depression, anxiety, mood swings, trauma or other mental health concerns, were treated separately from those who sought help from drugs or alcohol dependence.
In situations where these conditions overlapped, individuals were denied mental health treatment services until they got clean and sober.
At Alo House, we provide the highest quality of integrated care specifically designed by pioneers in the field of Integrative Behavioral Health and Dual Diagnostic rehab treatment.
We also provide Incidental Medical Services (IMS) which amplifies the safety of treatment services and medical care related to the client’s long-term recovery for those with dual diagnosis or co-occurring disorders.
Common Dual Diagnosis Treatment Disorders
For a dual diagnosis to be assessed and confirmed by a doctor, two issues must be present at the same time: addiction and mental illness together.
The addiction can be to any number of substances including alcohol, prescription medications, or non-prescribed drugs such as heroin, cocaine, or methamphetamine.
The mental illness can also include a variety of disorders from stress and anxiety, to depression or PTSD.
Here are some of the most common dual diagnosis disorders:
- PTSD and Addiction
- Depression and Addiction
- Anxiety and Addiction
- Bipolar Disorder and Addiction
- ADHD and Addiction
Expert Dual Diagnosis Treatment Center : Clinical Level Staff
Sometimes referred to as co-occurring disorders, effective treatment of a Dual Diagnosis involves considering both your addiction and your mental illness as you go through the recovery process.
To provide the most effective treatment, and full recovery, our services include:
- Expert parallel treatment of your mental health and substance use disorders provided by our Doctorate and Master’s level team of professionals who are proven leaders and pioneers in Behavioral Health and Dual Diagnostic treatment.
- Specialized care and acknowledgement of treatment protocols integrating the importance of psychotherapeutic medications, such as antidepressant, anti-anxiety and other psychotherapeutic medications related to the treatment of co-occurring disorders.
- A supportive approach to therapy that reinforces self-esteem and builds self-confidence instead of confrontational styles with negative and aggressive statements.
- An inclusive treatment strategy that brings family, partners, spouses and other significant relationships, to form an integral part of our treatment approach.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment for Addiction can lead to relief and healing if you have any of the following issues:
1. Severe mood swings
2. Episodes of hopelessness
3. Episodes of sadness
4. Suicidal thoughts
6. Flashbacks of traumatic events
Putting a name to your experience can provide hope and direction leading to long-lasting health and wellness.
Learn about Alo Recovery’s Treatment Program.
To find out more about our Dual Diagnosis Treatment Centers in Los Angeles and Malibu, California, call us toll-free at (888) 478-5705.