- Treatment Program
TestimonialsThis was my favorite treatment center. The staff are amazing and their program is far better than anywhere else I have been.Alo House uses an approach that provides for their clients a safe and beautiful space with an amazing and talented staff.I put my life in Alo’s hands during a critical point in my life. I HIGHLY recommend Alo to anyone that is looking for a recovery center a cut above the rest!
Why Choose Alo House?
Alo House Recovery Centers are more than just a treatment center; we are a community.
Our staff has over 627 years of combined professional experience working in substance use and mental health treatment!
In our experience, active addiction tends to be a very lonely, isolated place. It is vital for someone new in recovery to build a community of people who they share a connection with. And this sense of community and connection is something we are proud to say we have created here at Alo.
Furthermore, the community and bond that we foster between our current clients and alumni is probably the single most important way that we help our clients to see recovery as an attractive way of life, and as a viable alternative to drug and alcohol use.
We strive to show our clients they can enjoy a life without drugs and alcohol. We believe it is incredibly important for someone new in recovery to have fun being sober, to experience joy and an elevated quality of life. Or else, the way we look at it is, why would they even bother?
We provide a very compelling alternative to using, and a new way to achieve the sense of ease, comfort, and belonging that our clients were looking for with the aid of drugs and alcohol.
10 Reasons to Choose Alo House Recovery Center
There are many reasons people choose recovery at Alo House and these are some of the most important ones to our clients:
- We have a Joint Commission Accreditation. The reason Joint Commission Accreditation is important when choosing a treatment center is that an objective evaluation team helps healthcare organizations measure and improve performance. The Joint Commission Accreditation is essential to providing the highest quality care while maintaining the highest level of client safety.
- Multidisciplinary Care Team. Each Client has a care team consisting of an Addiction Psychiatrist, Internal Medicine Doctor, Registered Nurse, Primary Therapist, Family Therapist, Family Program Coordinator, and Case Manager.
- Medically Monitored Detoxification administered by Medical Doctors that monitor clients face to face daily, specializing in addiction medicine with 24-hour Registered Nursing care.
- World Class Professional Staff. Alo House maintains a highly credentialed clinical staff consisting of Masters and Doctoral Level Therapists and Board Certified Physicians specializing in Addiction Medicine.
- Professional Assessment. Every client is assessed by an Addiction Psychiatrist with full psychological evaluation and on-site neuro-psych testing to ensure proper diagnosis for underlying psychological disorders.
- Fully-Individualized Treatment Plans. Each client receives 6 one-on-one individual sessions per week.
- State of the art Psychology and Addiction Curriculum with evidence-based treatment modalities.
- Full Case Management Services to assist clients in building long-term continuing care plans to ensure long term success.
- Innovators of the Compassionate Care Model® for Addiction treatment. The mission of Alo House is to use connection, not control to help clients achieve autonomy, empowerment and a sense of community.
- New Model of Addiction Treatment that is community based, holistic, long-term luxury addiction treatment with private and semi-private accommodations and all levels of treatment care including Detox, Residential, Partial Hospitalization, and Intensive Outpatient.
Alo House Activities
Some activities our clients participate in together include the following:
- Horseback riding
- Movie outings
- Creating music in a fully-equipped music studio
- On-site yoga
- Guided meditation
- Access to some of the most beautiful beaches in Southern California
Non 12-Step Program
Alo House Recovery Centers is not a 12-Step Program. We believe there are many different paths to recovery, which includes the 12-Step world for many people.
But because each individual client comes from unique circumstances, we want to work with them to figure out which tools they can use to guide them on the road to recovery.
We understand that not everyone has had a positive experience with the 12-Step fellowship. We also don’t agree that treatment programs are the proper venue to practice the 12-Step model. It is available for free, and is something that we are happy to introduce our clients to, and that they are free to further investigate post-treatment.
For us, drug and alcohol treatment is built around high-quality, evidence-based clinical care that is rooted in the most current research.
While we are not a 12-Step Program, we do not discourage our clients from attending 12-Step meetings. In fact, we fully support that, and we give clients who have never experienced a 12-Step meeting an opportunity to be introduced to these meetings in a safe and friendly way.
Some of the clinical tools we use at Alo House Recovery Centers include:
- Trauma Focused Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Equine Assisted Therapy
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET)
- Seeking Safety
- Somatic Experiencing
- Family Behavioral Therapy
Dual Diagnosis Treatment
A Dual Diagnosis, often referred to as co-occurring disorders, is a combination of having a substance use disorder and mental health issues together, like depression, anxiety, bipolar or PTSD, at the same time.
For some people, the mental health issues are a contributing factor for their substance use, while others had a substance use disorder first that led to anxiety or depression. It’s important to properly diagnose AND treat both disorders at the same time for treatment to be successful.
Not all treatment facilities offer dual diagnosis treatment because it requires staff personnel be trained in both addiction and mental health issues, and many times requires a knowledge of psychiatric medications along with behavioral health therapies.
Our team is comprised of licensed Doctorate and Master’s level clinicians that are uniquely qualified in both addiction and mental health to provide the highest quality dual diagnosis treatment.
Read more about our Dual Diagnosis Treatment Program.
Holistic Addiction Treatment
We take a holistic approach to healing at Alo House Recovery Centers.
It is imperative to treat the Mind, Body, and Soul.
Decreasing stress while boosting immunity and psychological resilience can help the body cope better, heal more quickly, and maintain health.
We use a variety of holistic healing methods at Alo House that have shown to be extremely effective for positive growth in recovery, including:
- Equine Therapy
- Gardening at Alo Farms
If you have any questions about our treatment programs in Los Angeles and Malibu, California, call us toll-free at (888) 478-5705. All calls are discreet and completely confidential.